Ferna Waffle Mix
Gold Coast Butter Oil Substitute
Eagle Instant Dry Yeast
Ferna Baking Soda
Ferna Barbecue Seasoning
Ferna Sour Cream and Onion Seasoning
Make your own homemade soft pretzel recipe topped with savory glaze using FERNA high-
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Resting Time: 30 minutes
Assembly Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 pieces Soft Pretzel
Soft Pretzel Dough:
1 1/3 cups or 200 grams Ferna Waffle Mix
1 1/3 cups or 200 grams Bread Flour
1⁄2 cup + 1 tbsp + 2 tsp or 150 grams Water
1 tbsp or 15 grams Gold Coast Butter Oil Substitute, melted
1⁄4 tsp or 2 grams Eagle Yeast
1⁄4 cup or 50 grams Brown Sugar
1 pc Whole Egg for Egg Wash
1 liter Water
2 tbsp or 30 grams Ferna Baking Soda
2 tbsp or 30 Ferna Barbecue Seasoning
1 tsp or 5 grams Soy Sauce
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp or 100 grams Water
2 tsp or 10 grams Brown Sugar
1⁄4 tsp or 2 grams Cornstarch
1 tsp or 5 grams Water for Cornstarch
Sour Cream and Onion Glaze:
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp or 100 grams Fresh Milk
2 tbsp or 30 grams Ferna Sour Cream and Onion Seasoning
For the Soft Pretzel:
1. In a mixer bowl with hook attachment, whisk waffle mix, bread flour, yeast, and brown sugar together.
2. Gradually pour half of the water while the mixer is on. Next, pour the melted butter oil substitute into the dough mixture and continue mixing at medium speed. Pour the other half of the water and mix at medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth.
3. Grease a separate mixing bowl with vegetable oil and put the soft pretzel dough inside and cover it with cling wrap. Allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven at 230°C or 450°F.
5. Cut the dough into 6 equal parts or 100 grams each and roll them out into thin ropes. Form a U-shape and twist two ends to form a pretzel shape.
6. Whisk the egg to make an egg wash.
7. For blanching, boil water and add baking soda in a large pot. Then, put the pretzel dough one at a time for 30 seconds.
8. After blanching, brush a layer of egg wash on top of each dough.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until it becomes deep brown.
For the Barbecue Glaze:
1. In a saucepan, whisk water, soy sauce, barbecue seasoning, and brown sugar together. Let the mixture simmer for about 1 minute.
2. Mix water and cornstarch to make a slurry. Then, add slurry into the sauce. Continue stirring until it becomes viscous. Set aside. For the Sour Cream and Onion Glaze:
1. In a saucepan, whisk fresh milk and sour cream and onion seasoning.
2. Let the mixture simmer until it becomes viscous. Set aside.
For the Assembly:
1. Using a pastry brush, brush three pieces of soft pretzel with a barbecue glaze.
2. Brush the other remaining pieces with sour cream and onion glaze. Serve and enjoy!