Ferna All Purpose Breading Mix
Gold Coast Butter Oil Substitute
Try this amazing flavour combination of buttery shrimp with a hint of curry and spicy taste – very easy to make! Create this recipe at the comfort of your home using Ferna high quality ingredients.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings of Cereal Butter Prawns
3⁄4 cup or 45 grams Corn Cereal, crushed
3 tbsp or 25 grams All Purpose Flour
1 1⁄2 tbsp or 15 grams Skim Milk
1 tbsp or 13 grams Sugar
300 grams Prawns, medium-sized
1 piece Egg
4 tbsp or 40 grams Ferna All Purpose Breading Mix
2 cups or 450 grams Vegetable Oil
1⁄2 cup or 100 grams Gold Coast Butter Oil Substitute
4 – 5 pieces Curry Leaves*
2 – 3 pieces Red Chilli Pepper, chopped
*Note: If unavailable, you may substitute this with 1 tsp or grams of Curry Powder
1. In a bowl, whisk corn cereal, all purpose flour, skim milk and sugar together. Set aside.
2. Clean and prepare the prawns. Using a toothpick, pierce the back of the shrimp, hook the vein and pull it out slowly.
3. Beat the egg and then dip the deveined prawns. Dredge the prawns into the breading mix. Make sure the prawns are fully coated then set aside.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan. Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry the prawns until golden brown. Transfer the fried prawns into a strainer to drain excess oil.
5. In a separate pan, place butter oil substitute over medium heat until lightly brown. Then, add curry leaves and chilli peppers. Stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
6. Reduce heat to low, add the cereal mix and stir until lightly brown.
7. Add the fried prawns into the mixture. Toss continuously until golden brown.
8. Transfer into a plate and serve.