Ferna Waffle Mix
Ferna Baking Powder
Ferna All Purpose Breading Mix
Ferna Barbecue Seasoning
It is a soft and buttery biscuit with a flaky texture. Make a tasty burger for breakfast or snack using this buttermilk biscuit recipe made from FERNA high-quality ingredients.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Mixing Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Assembly Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 pieces Buttermilk Biscuit Burger
Buttermilk Biscuit Dough:
1⁄2 cup + 3 tbsp or 120 grams Ferna Waffle Mix
1⁄2 cup + 3 tbsp or 120 grams All Purpose Flour
1 1⁄2 tsp or 8 grams Ferna Baking Powder
1 tbsp + 1 tsp or 20 grams White Sugar
1⁄2 cup or 114 grams Unsalted Butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
1/3 cup or 80 grams Fresh Milk, chilled
158 grams Ground Beef
1 tbsp + 1/8 tsp or 16 grams Breadcrumbs
1 piece Whole Egg
1 tbsp + 1⁄2 tsp or 19 grams Fresh Milk
2 tsp or 10 grams Ferna All Purpose Breading Mix
2 tsp or 10 grams Ferna Barbecue Seasoning
4 pieces Whole Egg, fried
4 pieces Sliced Cheese
Ferna Pancake Syrup-Maple Flavor Optional
For the Buttermilk Biscuit Dough:
1. Preheat oven at 218°C or 425°F.
2. Whisk waffle mix, all purpose flour, baking powder, and white sugar together in a mixing bowl.
3. Add unsalted butter into the dry mixture and mix it by hand until the mixture becomes crumbly and well combined.
4. Pour fresh milk into the butter and dry mixture. Mix it by hand until it forms into dough.
5. Coat your hands with flour and flatten the dough manually into a 1-inch thick rectangle.
6. Using a bench scraper or spatula, cut the flattened dough in half and put the one half on top of the other. Then, flatten the dough using a rolling pin. Repeat the same procedure 4 times.
7. Flatten the finished dough to about 2 1⁄2 or 3-inch thick and cut using a floured 3-inch round dough cutter.
8. Place the buttermilk biscuit dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the dough with fresh milk on top.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top and sides become golden brown.
For the Burger Patty:
1. Mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, whole egg, milk, barbecue seasoning, and all purpose breading mix thoroughly until well combined.
2. Scoop 1/8 cup burger patty mixture and put it in a 3-inch round mold. Place the molded burger patties inside the fridge for 10 minutes or until firm.
3. Pan-fry each patty until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
For the Assembly:
1. Fry a sunny-side up egg using the same 3-inch round molder to ensure uniform size.
2. Horizontally cut the buttermilk biscuit in half.
3. Put the bottom biscuit as the first layer. Consequently, add burger patty, sliced cheese, and sunny-side-up egg. Lastly, add the other half-biscuit as the top layer.
4. Serve with Ferna Pancake Syrup-Maple Flavor.