Ferna Iodized Salt, 12 grams
Skim Milk Powder , 50 grams
Whole Eggs, 275 grams
Water , 325 grams
Ferna Vanilla Liquid, 10 ml
Option 1 - Chocolate Ganache:
Chocolate Block, 250 grams
Cream, 100 grams
EOI Sovereign, Cake Margarine, 50 grams
Option 2 – Strawberry Glaze:
Water , 180 ml
Sugar , 78 grams
Ferna Liquid Glucose, 30 grams
Cornstarch, 15 grams
Primera Strawberry Flavocol, 10 ml
Franklin Baker® Tender Fresh® Flakes 2 packs
1. Preheat oven at 190°C.
2. To make the cake: place dry ingredients and margarine into the bowl. Blend to a crumbly consistency using the beater. Do not paste.
3. Add liquid ingredients and mix to a smooth paste and scrape sides.
4. Continue mixing at medium speed until smooth and free of lumps.
5. Transfer mixture into two pieces of prepared jelly roll pan. Spread evenly.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
7. Remove from oven and cool completely.
8. To make chocolate ganache: melt chocolate block, margarine and cream in a double boiler.
9. Once melted, spread evenly into the baked cake.
10. Sprinkle 1 pack of Tender Fresh Flakes.
11. Refrigerate before cutting into serving pieces.
12. To make the strawberry glaze: combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan and cook until thick. Cool completely.
13. For the other piece of cake: spread strawberry glaze and do the same with Tender Fresh Flakes.